Friday, September 2, 2011

MIA

I've been missing for a couple months now. Some of you may be wondering about my garden.

Well, I'm in Texas and if you haven't heard, we almost broke records with the 100+ heat. While it rained recently, we've had no measurable rainfall since May.

While I was gone on vacation, for 2 1/2 weeks, the garden suffered from high heat and wind. The friction caused by wind created a burning effect on the surface. Along with the hot soil and unrelenting sun, my garden had no chance. Really, none of the gardens in the area did well, nor has the large farms fared well.

So, until I can plant cold-weather crops, I will sustain from gardening advice and stick to other home topics. I will still highlight recipes and the occasional rant, I'm sure.

Please don't forget about the page. I appreciate all views.

No comments:

Post a Comment