Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Arugula Pesticide Success Photos

Comparison Photos from arugula organic pesticide. The growth in 6 days was quite impressive once the bugs left it alone.

Before:


See all the holes?

Now after the hot pepper/garlic/oil concoction of last week:


Obviously, I still have bugginess, but it's not as prevalent as it was before and I haven't reapplied since last Thursday (it's now Wednesday). If I wanted them completely off the plants I would apply every other day until they got the hint, lol.

My point here is, and my ecstasy over the results stem from, the plants were unable to grow because the bugs were eating them up. The pepper mix inhibited the bugs enough that the arugula was at least able to thrive enough to grow. I'm happy and have found out that if I'm diligent with making such things I can in fact keep the bugs off the plants.

Another, less "flavorful" solution to keep bugs off your plants is to spray them with soapy water. We used to do this in Illinois to keep Japanese beetles off our plants. They would fly and land on our flowers and eat them up. This way, they would just slide right off. And, no spicy side effects. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment